One of the main causes of disabilities is back pain. Since it is such a debilitating condition, it is one of the main reasons why people have to seek medical intervention.
Is Back Pain Interfering or Even Ruining Your Life?
All around the world, most people experience back pain at least once in their lifetime. And when the preventions or simple home treatments we resort to don’t work, it’s time to address the back pain in Bergen County. There are solutions to relieve your pain and help you get on the road to recovery. Visit the premier back pain specialist Bergen County has to offer.
The more our biological clocks tick, the chances of developing back pain increases, especially in the case of lower back pain, which may arise as a result of an occupational hazard or a progressive ailment. Regardless of age, back pain can affect people for different reasons, and it can stem from several causes like an injury, a medical condition or even something as simple as a daily activity.
The back is made up of an intricate framework of tendons, muscles, ligaments, disks, and bones that work cohesively to provide support to the body and enable movement. When there is an issue with any of these elements, it leads to back pain, which can usually be identified with an imaging study or a test. Sometimes, however, the cause of pain is unclear.
What is the Source of Back Pain?
There are several factors that can be contributing to your back pain. We have outlined some of the most common factors below:
Strain: One of the most common causes of back pain is tension, injury or strain which can be brought on by lifting heavy objects, falls, injuries, fractures, or even sudden movements among several other factors. In turn, this may lead to a strained ligament, tension in one of the muscles, damaged disks or a muscle spasm.
Posture: Back pain can stem from the most simple of activities and lousy posture such as carrying something in a compromising position, twisting, coughing or sneezing, over-stretching, sitting or standing for too long, or sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress among several other simple tasks we often take for granted. Regardless of the reason, it is vital you consult a qualified back doctor in New Jersey who can effectively treat both the cause and the symptoms.
Structural Problems that can Lead to Back Pain
- Ruptured or bulging disks – Disks are the cartilage-like pads that protect the segments or vertebrae of the spine. When the disk that is cushioning the vertebrae ruptures or bulges, it presses on the nerve, which results in pain. However, it is possible to have the condition but experience no pain at all. Often disk complications are discovered when patients undergo a spine X-ray for some other reason.
- Sciatica – As a result of a bulging or herniated disk pushing on a nerve, you may experience an acute, throbbing pain that runs down your buttocks and even the back of your leg.
- Radiculopathy – Also referred to as a pinched nerve, radiculopathy, is a disorder that arises when a bulging or herniated disc presses down on the root of one of your spinal nerves. The acute resulting pain may come in shooting spurts and it particularly increases when you cough, sneeze or make other movements.
- Irregularities of the spine – An ailment that typically affects middle age people, scoliosis, is when the curvature of the spine is misaligned and leads to acute back pain.
- Osteoporosis – When bones, including spinal vertebrae, become brittle and porous, compression fractures can occur, which then results in severe discomfort.
- Arthritis – Osteoarthritis affects the hip joints and lower back but sometimes it may even limit the space around the spinal cord, which is a condition referred to as spinal stenosis.
- Kidney problems – Kidney infections and kidney stones as well, may result in back pain.
What Symptoms may be a Sign of a Serious Back Problem?
Besides a sharp pain or dull throbbing ache that occurs in the areas of the back which are affected, back problems can cause discomfort in other parts of the body as well, based on the nerves impacted. In addition to pain, if you experience any of the following symptoms, you must seek reliable medical help immediately:
- Inflammation or puffiness on the back
- Any trauma to the back
- Problems with urinating or involuntary leakage of urine
- Trouble managing bowel movements
- Weight loss and/ or fever
- Numbness around the buttocks, anus or genitals
- Pain experienced in the legs, below the knees
- Inability to lie or sit down comfortably
Treatment for Back Pain
Back pain is undoubtedly one of the most severe debilitating conditions that drastically hampers our overall quality of life. Depending on your condition, several treatment options will effectively eradicate the pain and restore your life to a normal condition again.
At The Pain, Spine and Sports Institute, our highly qualified founder, Dr. Rehan Ali, is a well-known board-certified physician who has several years of experience treating and completely healing his patients of their respective conditions. Schedule an appointment with the top specialist in back pain Bergen County has to offer.
As an extremely popular back pain specialist, Dr. Rehan Ali will design the most exceptional personalized treatment plan tailored to address your back problem and relieve you of your terrible incapacitating pain. Get in touch with one of the top back specialist Bergen County has to offer and give yourself the ability to enjoy the completely pain-free life that you deserve.