Medical marijuana is simply cannabis and cannabinoids that are prescribed by physicians to treat certain conditions.
Medical marijuana is prescribed only after a proper evaluation by a registered physician. You must also meet certain criteria to be a certified user of medical marijuana. If you believe you may be a candidate for medical marijuana, we suggest scheduling a consultation at The Pain, Spine, and Sports Institute. Dr. Rehan Ali will conduct a medical evaluation to determine if you are a suitable candidate for medical marijuana. It is important to note that only registered physicians such as our expert healthcare provider Dr. Rehan Ali at the Pain, Spine, and Sports Institute is licensed to recommend medical marijuana.
What Conditions can be Treated by Medical Marijuana?
Medical marijuana is most commonly used for pain. It is quite effective for severe pain and chronic pain, as well. Medical marijuana is used to treat patients suffering from any of the following conditions.
- Chronic pain that includes general nerve pain and the pain of multiple sclerosis
- Severe pain such as broken bone or post-surgical pain
- Anxiety, depression, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Muscle spasticity
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- It is also used to treat alcoholism and drug addiction
- It can be used as a muscle relaxant which helps lessen the tremors in Parkinson’s disease. It is used to treat muscular dystrophy as well
- It can be used for the treatment of interstitial cystitis, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, and such conditions wherein the common pathway is chronic pain
- It is also used to control nausea, and it aids in weight loss
- It can also be used in the treatment of terminal illnesses, such as terminal cancer
Why Should You Visit the Pain, Spine, and Sports Institute?
The federal government still considers marijuana a Schedule I drug, which cannot be prescribed by any practicing doctor. You must be evaluated only by a registered medical professional before you are prescribed medical marijuana. Dr. Rehan Ali at the Pain, Spine, and Sports Institute has a New Jersey Medical Marijuana Program License, which gives him the license to recommend medical marijuana if you meet specific criteria.
Dr. Rehan Ali does not dispense medical marijuana. As a licensed physician, he can add you to the New Jersey Medical Marijuana Program registry. If you are a victim of chronic pain and suffering, please give us a call, and schedule an appointment with us. We can help!